The Name of My Archetype

The Magician

My Positive Characteristics Include

• Omniscience
  • Omnipotence
  • Discipline
  • Wisdom
  • Insightful
  • Creative

My Shadow Characteristics Include

• Corruptibility
  • Arrogance
  • Self-Involved
  • Restlessness
  • Cautious
  • Impulsivity

My Reason for Choosing This Image Was

I chose to depict a magician because it symbolizes a powerful figure who has harnessed the ways of the universe to achieve key goals. The elements in the image, such as the mystical symbols and the all-seeing eye, represent the Magician’s wisdom, power, and insight. The magician’s pose, with one hand pointing upwards and the other downwards, signifies the balance between the spiritual and physical realms.

My Reason for Choosing the Colors That I Used Were

• Deep Blues and Purples: These colors symbolize mystery, depth, and wisdom, key attributes of the Magician.
  • Bright Yellows: These highlight important elements, symbolizing enlightenment and knowledge.
  • Silver: Represents reflection and calmness, qualities the Magician embodies when contemplating and using their power.

What I Like About This Piece

I appreciate the symbolic depth and the visual impact of the artwork. It effectively conveys the essence of the Magician archetype, combining elements of mystery, power, and insight. I also like how the colors and symbols come together to create a cohesive and striking piece.

What I Found Challenging About This Piece

Maintaining cohesion while integrating detailed and varied imagery was challenging. Ensuring that each symbol contributed meaningfully to the narrative of the Magician required careful thought and planning. Additionally, finding the balance between depicting power and avoiding overcomplication was a challenge.

I Was Inspired By

I was inspired by mystical and magical characters from literature and film, such as Gandalf from “The Lord of the Rings” and Dumbledore from “Harry Potter.” These characters embody wisdom, power, and a guiding presence, which I aimed to capture in my artwork. The desire to explore and visually represent the mystical and magical elements that fascinate me also served as a significant source of inspiration.